I take confidentiality extremely seriously and imagine that you do too. Most of my clients elect to send their files to me by email. However, we can discuss further security solutions ranging from password protection to working offline at your offices. If you are a new client, please contact me for my Non-Disclosure Agreement.
What is Contractually Speaking Ltd?
Contractually Speaking Ltd is a private limited company led by legal translator Richard Lackey and specialises in legal translations. It is registered in England and Wales under number 10213138 and has its registered office at 80 Seaford Road, West Ealing, London, W13 9HU, United Kingdom.
Details about the information I process
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way Contractually Speaking Lt. processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices that Contractually Speaking Ltd has provided or contact me to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
I process personal information to enable me to provide translation services, to promote services, to maintain our own accounts and records, and to support contractors (where applicable).
Type/classes of information processed
I process information relating to the above reasons and purposes. This information may include:
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- business activities of the person whose personal information I process
- goods and services provided
- financial details
- education details
- employment details
- medical records
- company records
- information relating to civil and criminal trials
I also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- offences and alleged offences
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
Who the information is processed about
I process personal information about our customers, clients and employees, complainants and enquirers, suppliers, advisers and other professional experts.
Lawful basis for processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we rely on your consent as the lawful basis on which we process this information. You may withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the Richard Lackey on the email address below.
Who the information may be shared with
I sometimes need to share the personal information I process with other organisations. Where this is necessary I am required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). This may include business associates and other professional advisers, suppliers and services providers
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please Richard Lackey at Richard@Contractually-Speaking.co.uk if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Richard@Contractually-Speaking.co.uk.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Like many other websites, we use “cookies” to collect data. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your computing device (PCs, smart phones or tablets) and stored on your hard drive as you browse. They are used to remember when your computer or device accesses this website, and help it to operate effectively, and deliver a more personalised service. These cookies are not used to collect or record data on your name, address or other contact details.
If you do not wish to use “cookies”, you may disable this option in your Internet browser settings.
Data Controller: Contractually Speaking Ltd.
Data Processor: Richard Lackey, Richard@Contractually-Speaking.co.uk, director of Contractually Speaking Ltd.
Last updated: 4 September 2020